Like other urban centres (Paris, Liège, etc.), the City of Brussels wishes to develop an online tool for residents or groups of residents wishing to apply for permission to plant greenery in public spaces. This tool will facilitate the administrative follow-up of applications, as well as the procedures for implementing greening projects.
The main project organiser: OU Green spaces
OBJECTIVES TO BE ACHIEVED:
- Allow residents to implement greening projects (vegetable garden containers, facade plants, flowers around tree bases, etc.) in public spaces.
Expected reduction in CO2: not applicable
- Social cohesion: improved well-being of residents.
- Cultural: raising awareness among residents of the need to preserve nature in the city, landscape benefits for the public and tourism.
- Environmental: in terms of biodiversity, local and seasonal vegetables, etc.
FOLLOW-UP AND EVALUATION INDICATORS:
- Number of applications for greening.
- Number of vegetable garden containers, facade plants, flowers around tree bases, etc.
Budget: €20,000 (variable)