The City wishes to identify the various possibilities for using products from wood and forest management. These products can effectively be reused to make chippings, firewood, etc. The aim is to determine the quantities of products that can be used for each area, and implement suitable management.
The main project organiser:
OU Green spaces and Energy
OBJECTIVES TO BE ACHIEVED:
- 100% of tree assets are taken into account by the differentiated management.
Expected reduction of CO2: To be quantified
- Socio-economic: revenue for the city if wood products are sold and reduction of expenses in the event of self-consumption.
- Cultural: highlighting the landscape, aesthetic benefits.
- Environmental: in terms of biodiversity, generating energy from a local renewable resource, tackling water runoff.
- Health: oxygen production/air purification, protection against heat.
FOLLOW-UP AND EVALUATION INDICATORS:
- Tons of wood consumed/produced.