The City wishes to diversify school transport and encourage active school mobility (cycling, walking). The campaign will include improving the accessibility of schools to bicycles and organising school trips by bicycle (e.g. trips to swimming pool, excursions). The City also wishes to encourage schools to have a fleet of bicycles, roller skates and push scooters. As such, it plans to issue "bicycle certificates" to its pupils, and intends to develop school rankings.
The main project organiser:
Public Education Department
OBJECTIVES TO BE ACHIEVED:
- Increase the number of cyclists and pedestrians by 10%.
- Increase the number of schools equipped with indoor bike parking facilities by 10%.
- School pick-up by bicycle "cyclo bus" supervised by parents/accompanying adults.
- Trips to the swimming pool by bike or on foot rather than by bus, for schools wishing to do so.
- At least 2 school trips by bike per year.
Expected reduction of CO2: 7 t CO2/year
- Socio-economic: reduction in energy bills and transport costs.
- Cultural: raising awareness among children of the daily benefits of active mobility.
- Environmental: better air quality.
FOLLOW-UP AND EVALUATION INDICATORS:
- % of schools with a Mobility Plan for schools (PDS in French), with bicycle parking, issuing bicycle patents, rankings (3% increase in 2 years).
- Number of certificates.
- % of children coming to school by bike.
- Evolution of the modal shares
- Number of implemented cycling infrastructures