Raising awareness among children is essential in stimulating changes in behaviour on the part of the public. As such, the City of Brussels will plan information campaigns in its schools, in the form of competitions. The aim is to reduce energy consumption while teaching pupils about good habits to save energy.
The main project organiser:
Public Education Department
OBJECTIVES TO BE ACHIEVED:
- Organise an inter-school competition to reduce the CO2/energy impact of schools.
- Over 5 years, all schools will have participated in the competition at least once (primary and secondary).
- Reduction of 10% in the energy and water consumption of schools within 3 years (after the start of the competition).
- Dissemination of the information in open data.
Expected reduction of CO2: 25.62 t CO2/year
- Socio-economic: reducing the school's energy bill.
- Cultural: raising awareness among pupils.
- Environmental: reducing the school's environmental impact
FOLLOW-UP AND EVALUATION INDICATORS:
- Number of participating schools (% of the total) per year.
- Number of participating pupils.
- Consumption per type: water, electricity, gas.
- % of students who know at least 5 good habits to save water and energy.